Thursday, October 22, 2009

Food Allergies

A thought came to me today.Why not open a store geared to people who suffer from food allergies in the state in which I live. I have been dealing with food allergies just about all my life. My uncle suffers from Tree nuts, my mother suffers from strawberries and my brother suffer from fish, peanuts and tree nuts. Above all my 5 year old son who has had 4 times of a close call of his peanut, tree nut, and sesame seed allergy. It is so hard trying to find hollaween candy, christmas, birthday candy for my son. last Feb my youngest daughter had a school birthday party and their father didn't realize that the cup cakes he brought had traces of peanuts. It was a sad day for my son who sat and 4 yrs old and watch everyone else eat these cup cakes. To see the picture of him nearly broke my heart. If anyone read this article this is what families suffer from everyday. I will look more into opening a store for families who can know that they can find treats for their children as well as adults....

3 comments:

  1. I think that is a very good idea Mika. Not only will it give you insight on how to better understand allergies, it will also help others at the sametime. I pray that God blesses your dream and that you prosper in helping your son and others. Happy Holidays to you and your family, Angelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mika, go for it girl. I believe there isn't enough specialized stores or services for people suffering from food allergies.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I really hope I will be able to do it, God knows we need more stores like these. This is my goal once I finish with college and I have less than a year to go..YAY! Right now I'm calling food companies to see what allergies are in the product that are not list in the USA mainly sesame seed oil. Unlike Canada the US will not list it. so far I have called 10.

    ReplyDelete