Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Meeting Asciepius

It's have been almost a week and I still cannot mediate track 4 on Dacher's CD. No matter how much I try in the morning, before going to been I just can't release all the chatter that is in my head. I feel it is because all the stress I've been going through lately with my daughter's MRI and trying to complete my other class of fitness even though I can hardly walk now. I will continue to try to mediate until I can Meet Ascipeius.

"One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself” (P.477) This is a statement that not too many doctors think about once their job become a repetition. I believe people who are in the health and wellness field should have their psychological, physical, and spiritual (mind-body-spirit) in order. If they do not have balance in their live how could they possibly help others. There have been many times when I saw doctor or doctors just to think they are a joke on what I need to do with my health when I see them out of shape, poor diet and so easily distracted by other thoughts intend of focusing on the patient. Doctors cannot tell or should not tell patients to exercise or go on a diet if they don't do it. Most patients will not listen to anyone who looks the total opposite to what they are saying.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mika!

    Keep trying! I know I have a hard time with the loving-kindness. It's crazy how some of the exercises work for some and not for other. I guess that's why Dacher said it is important to realize that everyone is different. I too have a hard time shutting off the chatter in my mind. Sometimes it was so random it scared me. My friend told me that it doesn't matter and not to worry about it. We are exposed to a lot of stimulus everyday and sometimes we just get overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mika, I am a little late in posting to your blog and I do apologize. I always like to read what you have to say. I can relate when you talk about the chatter in your mind, I have a problem with turning mine off. I have found that waiting until time to go to bed to do these exercises really helps me. I can sleep better and do not toss and turn. I have a difficult time doing these exercises in the morning as I am going through what needs to be completed during the day.

    ReplyDelete